If you want to have the first choice of available speech-language pathology (SLP), occupational therapy (OT), or physical therapy (PT) contracts:
Before you even begin searching for jobs, you should have all your credentials and clinical documentation ready to go. In fact, all of the items in the checklist should be scanned and placed into a single file that’s been saved on your phone, email, or Dropbox – that way when you find a career opportunity you’re interested in, all of your documents can be sent in with just a click of a button.
[Read also: Finding Harmony with a Long Commute]
Time is of the essence for staffing agencies. Flexibility is an absolute must, and your punctuality is rewarded with an understanding of greater professionals, trust, and speed – which can help you land a preferential assignment. Essentially, being prompt, proactive and prepared are the keys to getting first in line.
Use this list as a guide to compile all your required paperwork, before you begin searching for jobs. For your convenience, you can download the PDF version here or by clicking on the image to the right. Then you can save it for later, or print it out and check off each item as you prepare.
Rehab Therapist Documentation to Prepare Before Searching SLP, OT, or PT Contracts
- Resume: Ensure that your work history and other credentials are current
- Clinical Registration: A copy of your registration
- Medical Documentation:
- PPD Test or QuantiFERON Gold Blood Test: Documentation of a negative PPD/skin test or negative Quantiferon Gold blood test is required within one year of start date.
- Physical Exam: A signed, stamped and dated medical exam within one year which includes a statement of good health and ability to perform the job for which you are applying
- Two Clinical References: Must be from supervisors or managers; can be in the form of performance evaluation, written letter, or direct contact details
- Proof of Liability Insurance: Can be a certificate of liability insurance or a copy of the liability insurance policy
- Two Forms of ID: Must include a valid state ID or passport
- Current Photo for ID Badge: A high-resolution color image is preferred. Must be a JPEG or PDF file
Now You’re Ready to Search For Permanent SLP, OT, and PT Contracts
At Rehab Alternatives, skilled professionals that work in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology rely on us to place them in permanent positions at top healthcare facilities throughout the state of New York. Currently, we have full-time ongoing SLP, OT, and PT jobs in Rhinebeck, New York that are filling fast!
If you’re a physical therapist in the 12572 zip code area or a physical therapy assistant in 12574 zip code area and vice versa, we have ongoing career opportunities available for you. Additionally, we are still looking to fill OT and COTA jobs in Rhinebeck, along with our prime opportunity for a director of rehabilitation position in Rhinebeck, NY. Don’t let these permanent positions pass you by. Quick Apply now and one of our staffing specialists will be in touch with you.